Arranged by Year of Publication
-  The Selberg trace formula for groups of F-rank one, Annals of Mathematics (2) 100 (1974), 326–385.
[MR0360470: reviewed by J.-P. Labesse]
-  Some tempered distributions on semisimple groups of real rank one, Annals of Mathematics (2) 100 (1974), 553–584.
[MR0360934: reviewed by P. C. Trombi]
-  A theorem on the Schwartz space of a reductive Lie group, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences U.S.A. 72 (1975), 4718–4719.
[MR0460539: reviewed by P. C. Trombi]
-  The characters of discrete series as orbital integrals, Inventiones Mathematicae 32 (1976), 205–261.
[MR0412348: reviewed by E. A. Thieleker]
-  A truncation process for reductive groups, Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society 83 (1977), 748–750.
-  Eisenstein series and the trace formula, pages 253–274 in Automorphic forms, representations and L-functions, Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics XXXIII, 1979.
[MR0546601: reviewed by A. B. Venkov]
-  A trace formula for reductive groups I. Terms associated to classes in G(Q), Duke Mathematics Journal 45 (1978), 911–952.
[MR0518111: reviewed by Stephen Gelbart]
-  Harmonic analysis of invariant distributions, pages 384–393 in Lie theories and their applications, Queen’s Papers in Pure and Applied Mathematics 48, Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, 1978.
[MR0500463: reviewed by P. C. Trombi]
-  A trace formula for reductive groups II. Applications of a truncation operator, Compositio Mathematicae 40 (1980), 87–121.
[MR0558260: reviewed by Stephen Gelbart]
-  The trace formula in invariant form, Annals of Mathematics (2) 114 (1981), 1–74.
[MR0625344: reviewed by Freydoon Shahidi]
-  Automorphic representations and number theory, pages 3–51 in 1980 Seminar on Harmonic Analysis (Montreal, Que., 1980), CMS Conference Proceedings 1, American Mathematical Society, Providence, R.I., 1981.
[MR0670091: reviewed by Ernst-Wilhelm Zink]
-  On the inner product of truncated Eisenstein series, Duke Mathematics Journal 49 (1982), 35–70.
[MR0650368: reviewed by Martin L. Karel]
-  On a family of distributions obtained from Eisenstein series I. Application of the Paley-Wiener theorem, American Journal of Mathematics104 (1982), 1243–1288.
-  On a family of distributions obtained from Eisenstein series II. Explicit formulas, American Journal of Mathematics 104 (1982), 1289–1336.
[MR0681738: reviewed by Freydoon Shahidi]
-  A Paley-Wiener theorem for real reductive groups, Acta Mathematica 150 (1983), 1–89.
[MR0697608: reviewed by P. C. Trombi]
-  The trace formula for reductive groups, pages 1–41 in Conference on automorphic theory, Publications Mathématiques Université Paris VII 15, Université Paris VII, Paris, 1983.
[MR0723181: reviewed by Stephen Gelbart]
-  Multipliers and a Paley-Wiener theorem for real reductive groups, pages 1–19 in Representation theory of reductive groups, 1983.
[MR0733803: reviewed by D. Milicic]  On some problems suggested by the trace formula, pages 1–49 in Lie group representations, II, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1041, Springer, Berlin, 1984.
[MR0748504: reviewed by A. B. Venkov]
-  The trace formula for noncompact quotient, pages 849–859 in Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians, 1984.
[MR0804739: reviewed by A. B. Venkov]  A measure on the unipotent variety, Canadian Journal of Mathematics 37 (1985), 1237–1274.
[MR0828844: reviewed by A. B. Venkov]
-  On a family of distributions obtained from orbits, Canadian Journal of Mathematics 38 (1986), 179–214.
[MR0835041: reviewed by A. B. Venkov]
-  The Fourier transform of weighted orbital integrals on SL(2,R) (with Rebecca A. Herb and Paul J. Sally, Jr.), pages 17–37 in The Selberg trace formula and related topics, Contemporary Mathematics 53, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1986.
[MR0853551: reviewed by Stephen Gelbart]
-  The characters of supercuspidal representations as weighted orbital integrals, Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. Math. Sci. 97 (1987), 3–19.
[MR0983600: reviewed by David Manderscheid]
-  The local behaviour of weighted orbital integrals, Duke Mathematics Journal 56 (1988), 223–293.
[MR0932848: reviewed by Stephen Gelbart]
-  Characters, harmonic analysis, and an L2-Lefschetz formula, pages 167–179 in The mathematical heritage of Hermann Weyl, Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics 48, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1988.
[MR0974334: reviewed by Roberto J. Miatello]
-  The invariant trace formula I. Local theory, Journal of the American Mathematical Society 1 (1988), 323–383.
[MR0928262: reviewed by A. B. Venkov]
-  The invariant trace formula II. Global theory, Journal of the American Mathematical Society 1 (1988), 501–554.
[MR0939691: reviewed by A. B. Venkov]
-  Intertwining operators and residues I. Weighted characters, Journal of Functional Analysis 84 (1989), 19–84.
[MR0999488: reviewed by David Joyner]
-  Intertwining operators and residues II. Invariant distributions, Compositio Mathematicae 70 (1989), 51–99.
[MR0993173: reviewed by David Joyner]
-  Simple algebras, base change, and the advanced theory of the trace formula (with Laurent Clozel), Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 1989.
[MR1007299: reviewed by Stephen Gelbart]
-  The trace formula and Hecke operators, pages 11–27 in Number theory, trace formulas and discrete groups, 1989.
[MR0993309: reviewed by Werner Hoffmann]  The L2-Lefschetz numbers of Hecke operators, Inventiones Mathematicae 97 (1989), 257–290.
[MR1001841: reviewed by Stephen Gelbart]
-  Harmonic analysis of tempered distributions on semisimple Lie groups of real rank one, pages 13–100 in Representation theory and harmonic analysis on semisimple Lie groups, Mathematical Surveys Monographs 31, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1989.
Remark: Dissertation, Yale University, New Haven, CT, 1970
[MR1011896: reviewed by Takeshi Kawazoe]
-  Unipotent automorphic representations: conjectures, pages 13–71 in Orbites unipotentes et représentations, II., Astérisque 171-172, 1989.
[MR1021499: reviewed by Marko Tadic;]
-  Unipotent automorphic representations: global motivation, pages 1–75 in Automorphic forms, Shimura varieties, and L-functions, Vol. I, Perspectives in Mathematics 10, Academic Press, Boston, MA, 1990.
[MR1044818: reviewed by Stephen Gelbart]
-  Towards a local trace formula, pages 1–23 in Algebraic analysis, geometry, and number theory, 1989.
[MR1463695: reviewed by Werner Hoffmann]  Lectures on automorphic L-functions (with Stephen Gelbart), pages 1–59 in L-functions and arithmetic, London Math. Soc. Lecture Note Ser. 153, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1991.
[MR1110389: reviewed by David Manderscheid]
-  Some problems in local harmonic analysis, pages 57–78 in Harmonic analysis on reductive groups, Progress in Mathematics 101, Birkhäuser Boston MA, 1991.
[MR1168477: reviewed by Jeffrey Adams]
-  A local trace formula, Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques Publications Mathématiques 73 (1991), 5–96.
[MR1114210: reviewed by Stephen Gelbart]
-  On elliptic tempered characters, Acta Mathematica 171 (1993), 73–138.
[MR1237898: reviewed by Rebecca Herb]
-  On the Fourier transforms of weighted orbital integrals, Journal für die Reine und Angewandte Mathematik 452 (1994), 163–217.
[MR1282200: reviewed by Stephen Gelbart]
-  The trace Paley Wiener theorem for Schwartz functions, pages 171–180 in Representation theory and analysis on homogeneous spaces, Contemporary Mathematics 177, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1994.
[MR1303605: reviewed by Marko Tadic]
-  L2-cohomology and automorphic representations, pages 1–17 in Canadian Mathematical Society 1945–1995, volume 3, Canadian Mathematical Society, Ottawa, Ontario, 1996.
[MR1661609: reviewed by Takeshi Kawazoe]
-  On local character relations, Selecta Math. (N.S.) 2 (1996), 501–579.
-  The problem of classifying automorphic representations of classical groups, pages 1–12 in Advances in mathematical sciences: CRM’s 25 years, None 11, 1997.
-  Stability and endoscopy: informal motivation, pages 433–442 in Representation theory and automorphic forms, None 61, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1997.
[MR1476508: reviewed by Dihua Jiang]
-  Canonical normalization of weighted characters and a transfer conjecture, Comptes Rendues Math. Acad. Sci. Soc. R. Can. 20 (1998), 33–52.
[MR1623485: reviewed by Dihua Jiang]
-  Towards a stable trace formula, pages 507–517 in Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians, Vol. II, 1998.
[MR1648100: reviewed by Wee Teck Gan]  On the transfer of distributions: weighted orbital integrals, Duke Mathematics Journal 99(1999), 209–283.
[MR1708030: reviewed by Volker Heiermann]
-  Endoscopic L-functions and a combinatorial identity, Canadian Journal of Mathematics 51 (1999), 1135–1148
Remark: Dedicated to H. S. M. Coxeter on the occasion of his 90th birthday.
[MR1756875: reviewed by Anton Deitmar]
-  Stabilization of a family of differential equations, pages 77–95 in The mathematical legacy of Harish-Chandra, Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics 68, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2000.
[MR1767893: reviewed by Anton Deitmar]
-  Harmonic analysis and group representations, Notices of the American Mathematical Society 47 (2000), 26–34.
-  A stable trace formula II. Global descent, Inventiones Mathematicae 143 (2001), 157–220.
[MR1802795: reviewed by Volker Heiermann]
-  A stable trace formula I. General expansions, Journal of the Institute of Mathematics of Jussieu 1 (2002), 175–277.
[MR1954821: reviewed by Volker Heiermann]
-  A stable trace formula III. Proof of the main theorems, Annals of Mathematics (2) 158 (2003), 769–873.
[MR2031854: reviewed by Volker Heiermann]
-  A note on the automorphic Langlands group, Canadian Mathematics Bulletin 45 (2002), 466–482
Remark: Dedicated to Robert V. Moody.
[MR1941222: reviewed by Mahdi Asgari]
-  The principle of functoriality, Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society 40 (2003), 39–53
Remark: A special issue on mathematical challenges of the 21st century, based on a conference in Los Angeles CA, 2000.
[MR1943132: reviewed by Mahdi Asgari]
-  Automorphic representations of GSp(4), pages 65–81 in Contributions to automorphic forms, geometry, and number theory, 2004.
Remark: Conference in honor of Joe Shalika
[MR2058604: reviewed by Jeff Hakim]  Germ expansions for real groups, preprint, 2004.
-  Armand Borel (1923–2003) (with Enrico Bombieri, Komaravolu Chandrasekharan, Gopal Prasad, Jean-Pierre Serre, Tonny Springer, and Jacques Tits), Notices of the American Mathematical Society 51 (2004), 498–524
Remark: Reprinted in the Asian Journal of Mathematics 8 (2004), pp. xlvii–xcvi.
[MR2046057: reviewed by Henry Heatherly]
-  Harmonic analysis in mathematics, Ideas 2 (2005), 64
Remark: Published by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, University of Toronto.
-  AMS President’s address at Abel celebration, Notices Amer. Math. Soc. 52 (2005), 745–746.
-  An introduction to the trace formula, pages 1–263 in Harmonic analysis, the trace formula, and Shimura varieties, Clay Mathematics Proceedings 4, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2005.
[MR2192011: reviewed by Erez Lapid]
-  A note on L-packets, Pure and Applied Mathematics Quarterly 2 (2006), 199–217.
[MR2217572: reviewed by B. Sury]
-  An asymptotic formula for real groups, Journal für die Reine und Angewandte Mathematik 601 (2006), 163–230.
[MR2289209: reviewed by David A. Renard]
-  Parabolic transfer for real groups, Journal of the American Mathematical Society 21 (2008), 171–234.
[MR2350054: reviewed by David A. Renard]
-  A (very brief) history of the trace formula, Newsletter of the Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences 10 (2007), 8–11.
-  Problems for real groups, pages 39–62 in Representation theory of real reductive groups, Contemporary Mathematics 472, 2008.
[MR2478455: reviewed by Werner Hoffmann]
-  Report on the trace formula, pages 1–12 in Automorphic forms and L-functions I. Global aspects, Contemporary Mathematics488, 2009.
[MR2522025: reviewed by Werner Hoffmann]
-  Induced representations, intertwining operators, and transfer for real groups, pages 51–67 in Group representations, ergodic theory, and mathematical physics: a tribute to George Mackey, Contemporary Mathematics 449, 2008.
[MR2391798: reviewed by David A. Renard]
-  The embedded eigenvalue problem for classical groups, pages 19-31 in On certain L-functions, Contemporary Mathematics 13, AMS, 2008.
Remark: Proceedings of a conference in honor of Freydoon Shahidi
-  Transfer, the Fundamental Lemma, and the work of Waldspurger, pages 7–9 in Clay Mathematics Annual Report, Clay Mathematics Institute, Cambridge, MA, 2009.
-  The work of Ngô Bau Châu, pages 57–70 in Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians, 2010.
-  The endoscopic classification of representations: orthogonal and symplectic groups. Published in 2013 as volume 61 in the series of Colloquium Publications by the American Mathematical Society.
- The endoscopic classification of representations Automorphic Representations and L-functions, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, 2013, 1-22
-  Classifying automorphic representations, Current Developments in Mathematics, Volume 2012, International Press of Boston, 1-58
-  On parameters for the group SO(2n) to appear in Contemporary Mathematics, Volume in Memory of I. Piatetski-Shapiro
-  Eigenfamilies, characters and multiplicities to appear in Actes de la conference Laumon